Did you know Coconut Oil works for skin and hair? It works wonders for both. It contains a wide variety of benefits for skin and hair - it can smooth severely dry skin, providing a healing element as it works. Coconut Oil can also tame dry, frizzy hair. It's high water content makes it a useful oil for various reasons. It also contains many natural chemical constituents that make it a five-star natural oil:
- LAURIC ACID, which is a Medium-Chain Triglyceride (Saturated Fat) and means it quickly assimilates into the skin; eliminates and prevents various viruses; has evening out properties and textures when used in body butter, soaps, and salves.
- LINOLEIC ACID, which is believed to moisturize hair and promote its growth; facilitate wound healing; work as effective emulsifier in the formulation of soaps and quick-drying oils; exhibit anti-inflammatory properties; soothe acne and reduce chances of future outbreaks; promote moisture retention in skin and hair; make oils feel thinner in consistency, thus being beneficial for use on acne-prone skin.
- CAPRIC ACID AND CAPRYLIC ACID, which are believed to assimilate quickly and completely into our bodies, as they are Medium-Chain Triglycerides (Saturated Fats); contribute antimicrobial and antifungal properties; stimulate hair follicles with natural proteins; repair and strengthen damaged hair while adding shine; prevent the spread of harmful bacteria, making it effective for use on acne-prone skin.
- OLEIC ACIDS, which are believed to maintain the softness, suppleness, and radiance of skin and hair; stimulate the growth of thicker, longer, and stronger hair; reduce the appearance of aging, such as premature wrinkles and fine lines; eliminate dandruff and thereby support hair growth; boost immunity; exhibit antioxidant properties; prevent joint inflammation, stiffness, and pain.
- POLYPHENOLS, which are believed to contribute scent and antioxidant properties to Coconut Oil; soothe inflammation; repair dry, damaged skin; improve skin elasticity, especially for prematurely aging skin; enhance moisture levels in skin; protect skin against UV rays; enhance skin cell growth boost circulation to the skin; increase hair growth
- MEDIUM-CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES, which are known to eliminate harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi; offer intense moisture; condition the hair and eliminate dandruff; boost hair growth.
As you can see, Coconut Oil has numerous helpful properties. It is advised to find 100% Coconut Oil in solid form. The label should state that no flavors, colors, or fragrances have been added.
A couple of uses of Coconut Oil:
- HAIR: Use as a pre-shampoo conditioner. Just rub a small amount of coconut oil into the dry hair and let it do its work for 20 to 30 minutes. Wash and condition hair as usual. You can also tame the frizzies. Rub ½ teaspoon coconut in your hair after styling. The oil will calm down dryness and the frizzies and give your hair a wonderful fragrance.
- SKIN: Moisten dry lips. Rub coconut oil on your lips and then rinse it off. Coat again with the oil to keep lips moist and soft. Also, fight fungus on your feet. Did you know that coconut oil has natural anti-fungal properties? It makes a great moisturizer for your legs, feet, and heels. Use it daily to keep your feet smooth and prevent foot fungus.
You can find many more uses on the Internet, but this list should get you started with this incredible oil. Coconut is one of my favorite oils - I even use it on my dogs! The more you look, the more uses you will find for this useful oil. It just requires a small search to open a whole world of new uses.